1/3 Photos of Tapioca Pudding
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Cindy Lynn's Note:
This is in response to a post on the boards. It is our favorite Tapioca Pudding. It is time consuming, so DH doesn't get it very often...and when he does, it doesn't last long at all. In fact, if it's been a really long time, he'll eat it himself in one sitting...thank goodness the Chef has the opportunity to "taste test"! ;-)) Prep time does not include soaking pearls overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, soak tapioca in 2 cups of room temperature water overnight.
- 2Drain water.
- 3In double boiler, heat milk just until no longer cold.
- 4Add salt and tapioca.
- 5Continue heating until small bubbles appear at sides of pan.
- 6Cover, turn heat to very low and cook for one hour.
- 7Make sure that milk mixture does not simmer or boil.
- 8Separate egg whites from yolks.
- 9Beat egg yolks and sugar toether until light yellow in color.
- 10Add a little of the hot mixture to the egg yolks and blend thoroughly.
- 11Then add the egg yolk mixture to the hot milk mixture, stirring constantly.
- 12Place the double boiler over medium heat and cook until tapioca mixture is very thick, about 15 minutes.
- 13Beat egg whites until stiff.
- 14Slowly fold the hot tapioca mixture into the egg whites.
- 15Stir in vanilla.
- 16Serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tapioca Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.7
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 170.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g