Recipe by Holiday1234
This can be made several days in advance and refrigerated, but bring to room temperature before serving. Don't freeze and don't fill tomatoes until 1 hour before serving.
- 22 -25 cherry tomatoes (about 1 pint)
- 3⁄4 cup pitted, imported oil-cured black olives
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic, peeled,minced
- 1 tablespoon well-drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- parsley or lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tops off cherry tomatoes.
- Seed and turn tomatoes upside down on a plate to drain.
- Coarsely chop olives and set aside.
- Rinse anchovies in cold water and pat dry.
- In a blender or food processor fitted with steel blade, combine olives, anchovies, garlic, capers, basil, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Process until finely minced.
- Turn food processor or blender on and drizzle in olive oil.
- Remove mixture to a bowl and stir well.
- Pack each cherry tomato with about 1 1/2 teaspoons olive mixture.
- Set on parsley or lettuce-lined plate.
- Serve tepid.