Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad takes on a unique twist with a dressing made with pureed olives and anchovies. It has lots of flavour and works well with the small amount of prosciutto. The bonus points is that it is low in fat. Use fresh ingrediets for a superior taste.
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, chopped and pitted
- 2 anchovies, rinsed and patted dry
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 10 cups romaine lettuce, well packed
- 2 ounces prosciutto, diced
- Dressing: In a food processor combine all the ingredients and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce and prosciutto. Add the tapenade and toss to coat.
Loved it, nice change from a regular Caesar. I'll make it again.