Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From my old friend Linda Sutherland. The best I've ever tasted is a welcome at any party.
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 (10 ounce) can black olives
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 8 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups finely chopped grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 loaf baguette, sliced in thin rounds
- Press the garlic into the lemon juice or if you don't have a garlic press, mince and put it into the lemon juice, while you prepare the other items.
- Put the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and process into a finely chopped paste.
- Put in a bowl and mix in the garlic, lemon juice and olive oil well.
- Serve with bread slices.
This is SOOOO good!!! I've made it now for three seperate get togethers/potlucks and everyone loved it! I found it best to make a day ahead so that it marinates, and it just makes it convenient to take it out of the fridge. I also just served this with crackers instead of bread to save time. YUMMMY!!! Be sure to bring the recipe with you--everyone will want it!
Delicious, made an antipasto platter and included this, makes heaps too!
This was awesome! I didn't have any basil or parsley so I left those out and it did not compromise the taste. We plan to serve this at our next dinner party. Thanks!!