Recipe by chia
i'm posting this because i love this stuff, and i'm tired of searching everytime i want to make it. this is really good as a base for white pizza, among other things.
Top Review by Rita~
Craving salt? This is the dish a healthy way to get it. I sliced Italian bread broiled it melted some cheese and topped it with the tapenade. Just as good as mine! Thanks for posting this Yummy recipe.
- 1 lb large plump ripe olives (they should be slightly wrinkled, cured in oil rather than brine)
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovies packed in oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and slightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons capers, preserved in vinegar,well drained
- 3 tablespoons best quality extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pit the olives with an olive pitter, or crush the olive meat (but not the pit) with the flat side of a large knife or cleaver, and remove the seed.
- Put the olive meat into a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Add the tin of anchovies with oil, and the garlic, capers and olive oil and a few good turns of the pepper mill.
- Pulse with on/off switch to blend the ingredients together all at once.
- Keep this preparation brief so that the purée retains a coarse texture.
- Tips: 1.
- To store the Tapenade for future use, pack it in small jars (preferably glass).
- Cover jars tightly and refrigerate.
- [I've known it to keep as long as 2 months].