Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious olive and caper spread. It's quick and easy to prepare, and is ideal to serve with pre-dinner drinks. Try a healthy dollop of tapenade goes wonderfully well with grilled fish, such as a snapper cutlet or tuna steak.
- 150 g good quality black olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons small capers
- 8 good quality anchovy fillets
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 100 ml olive oil
- Squash the olives to remove the seeds.
- Put the olive flesh and the capers in a blender or food processor.
- (Note: if the capers are salted, rinse them first.) Pour boiling water over the anchovy fillets and leave for about 10 minutes, to remove some of the oil and salt.
- Add the drained anchovy fillets, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and black pepper to the blender.
- Blend until chunky, then add olive oil and blend further until the desired consistency is reached.
- Put the tapenade into a bowl and serve.
- Try it with sourdough bread, bruschetta, focaccia, or anything char-grilled.
This one was great. Just the right balance and very easy as well. It was a winner at the progressive dinner. Thanks so much. Margie