Recipe by English_Rose
Classic Mediterranean ingredients, olives, capers and anchovies, are combined to make this flavoursome dip. Choose whether you prefer a rough or smooth textured finish and serve with bread and crudité for dipping.
Top Review by Shawna Landers
This was a lovely tapenade. I cut back on the anchovy to 3 because my family doesn't care as much for them but I may increase that to 4 next time I make it. I also made it in a food processor but pulsed instead of a steady process so my texture was somewhere in between your #1 and #2. I spread this on some multi-grain artisian bread that I had and it was heaven. Thanks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice of, only
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 9 ounces black olives, pitted
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- To make a rough textured tapenade, simply mix all the ingredients together, adding enough olive oil to form a paste.
- For a smoother texture, tip the garlic, lemon juice, capers and anchovy into a food processor and process for about 10 seconds. Add the olives and parsley and enough olive oil to make a paste.
- Season to taste if necessary.