Prep 24 hrs
Cook 12 mins
A deliciously simple and yet very tasty Spanish Tapas dish. The beauty of this recipe is that is steeps in the wine for 24 hours - making it very easy to plan ahead. Serve in an an attractive earthenware dish and sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley. I like to skewer these with toothpicks, to make it easier and less messy to eat! Do try to use very high quality Spanish Chorizo sausage - the cheaper types do not taste nearly as good, and contain a very high fat content.
- 680.38 g good quality spanish chorizo sausage
- 8 fluid ounce rioja wine
- 5 black peppercorns
- 3 dried bay leaves, crumbled
- flat leaf parsley, for serving
- Prick the sausages all over and place into a dish.
- Pour the wine over the sausages, then add the black peppercorns and crumbled bay leaves - cover and leave to steep in the marinade for 24 hours.
- Drain the chorizo sausage and cook them on a well oiled, medium-hot griddle pan for about 6 minutes each side, or until evenly browned and crispy.
- Slice the sausages thickly and skewer with a toothpick.
- Serve alongside other tapas style dishes, such as olives, cubes of cheese and crusty bread.
- This recipe can also be cooked on the barbeque - to great effect!
My friend who is a pretty good cook made this for a party, he isn't into Zaar, so I suggested with many suggestions from other Zaarites and then gave it to him. He followed exactly and it was YUMMY. He has an outdoor wood grill which was perfect since most of his meals he cooks that ways, so it was ideal. And he got the good chorizo too. It was worth it. We just reheated for a few minutes in the same dishes on the grill tinight just to warm up and then sliced for all the guests. Very very nice. Absolutely not a bite left which is always a good sign. Kim
Buy good Chorizo because that will make all the difference. This is a great dish that's easy and very tasty!
This was nothing but excellent! Had to send off for the chorizo. Couldn't find any decent one here! Served as part of a tapas lunch. Didn't change a thing. Thnx for posting, FT. Made for ZWT5