1/8 Photos of Tapas Style Spanish Rioja Marinated Chorizo Sausage
24 hrs 12 mins
French Tart's Note:
A deliciously simple and yet very tasty Spanish Tapas dish. The beauty of this recipe is that is steeps in the wine for 24 hours - making it very easy to plan ahead. Serve in an an attractive earthenware dish and sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley. I like to skewer these with toothpicks, to make it easier and less messy to eat! Do try to use very high quality Spanish Chorizo sausage - the cheaper types do not taste nearly as good, and contain a very high fat content.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prick the sausages all over and place into a dish.
- 2Pour the wine over the sausages, then add the black peppercorns and crumbled bay leaves - cover and leave to steep in the marinade for 24 hours.
- 3Drain the chorizo sausage and cook them on a well oiled, medium-hot griddle pan for about 6 minutes each side, or until evenly browned and crispy.
- 4Slice the sausages thickly and skewer with a toothpick.
- 5Serve alongside other tapas style dishes, such as olives, cubes of cheese and crusty bread.
- 6This recipe can also be cooked on the barbeque - to great effect!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tapas Style Spanish Rioja Marinated Chorizo Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1050.5
- Calories from Fat 642
- Total Fat 71.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 2120.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 46.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: