Recipe by Pietro
A simple but tasty dish that combines prawns and chorizo sausage. The addition of smoked paprika and fresh lemon zest really add some zing to this meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 500 g raw peeled prawns, deveined, tails intact
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup sweet red pepper strips
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- extra chopped fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
- lemon wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- 2. Add chorizo, onions and garlic.
- 3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chorizo is cooked and onions are soft.
- 4. Add paprika. Cook, stirring, for one 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 5. Add prawns. Cook, stirring, for about 1 or 2 minutes, or until almost cooked.
- 6. Add tomatoes, capsicum strips and lemon rind.
- 7. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 2 minutes or until prawns are soft.
- 9. Stir in chopped parsley.
- 10. Garnish prawns with extra chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Serving suggestions. Individual serves in tapas dishes with fresh crusty bread on side. Use as a topping on bed of polenta. You may even prefer to serve with fettucine. This dish is versatile so you can experiment to produce a combination that suits your palate.