Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tapas (bite-sized appetizers) is one of Spain's most cherished culinary traditions! This recipe is courtesy of Executive Chef Jose Salgado. Marinating time (minimum 4 hours) is not included
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 -8 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut pork tenderloin into 1-inch cubes.
- In a bowl, combine paprika, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Marinade pork for a minimum of 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- or preheat grill to medium high.
- Thread pork cubes onto small wooden skewers.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in oven.
- Alternatively grill over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- While cooking turn once and baste with marinate until well browned.
I prepared 10 pork tenderloins, cubed them, marinated them for 24 hours, then threaded them on skewers, I increased the spice mixure (I used the "change size" on the bottom of the recipe to 10). I gave them to my spice-loving DS to grill at his BD bash, I also added in garlic powder to the spice mixture. According to my son they were a huge success, but was informed that they could have been just a little more spicier. Thanks Marg!...Kitten:)
LOVED this recipe!!! Made it last summer and definitely will be making it this summer as well.
Very tasty. reduced cayenne to 1/2 t. and that was just about right. Very easy too.