1/1 Photo of Tapas Salad
This recipe is a loose adaptation of one in the Tapas Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper (or use any combination of colors you have available)
- 170.09 g black olives, drained
- 29.58 ml capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 39.43 ml olive oil, good quality
- 19.71 ml sherry wine vinegar (or substitute white wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar)
- 4.92 ml brine, from the capers
- 29.58 ml fresh marjoram, chopped (or substitute fresh basil or oregano)
- 2.46 ml garlic, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Clean and cut the bell peppers into fourths, removing the seeds. Place peppers on a grill over high heat, skin side down, making sure not to put them too close together. Grill the peppers until skins are very charred, about 20-25 minutes, depending on your grill. Place peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let steam for about 15 minutes. Then peel off skins and discard, and cut peppers into short thick strips.
- 2Place olives into a colander and let them drain. Spoon out 2 T capers into a small strainer; then rinse the capers and let them drain. Wash marjoram (or other herb of your choice), dry, and chop.
- 3Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, caper brine, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to make the dressing. Combine grilled pepper strips, olives, capers, tomatoes, cucumbers and dressing in a large bowl.
- 4This salad can be served right away or allowed to marinate for several hours at room temperature until you're ready to serve it.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tapas Salad
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.8
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 450.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar