Recipe by English_Rose
A zesty Spanish tapa that's perfect for a sharing menu when you're entertaining friends.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, finely diced
- olive oil
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 (14 ounce) tins plum tomatoes, drained
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- oregano, to serve
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons oregano, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the meatball ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into small meatballs (you should be able to make about 40 of them) then fry in a little olive oil until golden all over and cooked through.
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a separate pan and cook the onion, garlic and carrots for 8 minutes or until soft but not brown. Add the thyme and paprika and fry for 20 seconds. Then add the wine and bubble up for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, orange zest and juice along with the stock, then cook until the sauce has reduced and thickened. This should take approx 45 minutes.
- Mix together the sauce and the meatballs and cook until heated through. Finish with a sprinkling of fresh oregano.