- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 303.90 g very fresh white button mushrooms, wiped clean
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml dry spanish fino sherry wine or 29.58 ml dry spanish oloroso sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet, heat olive oil on medium-low and add garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is soft but not brown.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to medium-high, stirring to incorporate the garlic and seasonings. Cook, tossing occasionally, until mushrooms render their liquid and begin to brown, about six minutes.
- Raise the heat to high, add the sherry and cook, stirring, to continue browning the mushrooms and evaporate the wine.
- Remove from heat, adjust seasoning and serve immediately.