Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Andrea Immer
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 lb very fresh white button mushrooms, wiped clean
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry spanish fino sherry wine or 2 tablespoons dry spanish oloroso sherry wine
- In a heavy skillet, heat olive oil on medium-low and add garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is soft but not brown.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to medium-high, stirring to incorporate the garlic and seasonings. Cook, tossing occasionally, until mushrooms render their liquid and begin to brown, about six minutes.
- Raise the heat to high, add the sherry and cook, stirring, to continue browning the mushrooms and evaporate the wine.
- Remove from heat, adjust seasoning and serve immediately.
This was delightful! We really enjoyed these for a holiday appetizer. The garlic was just the right amount for us. Thanks for sharing your recipe, DrGaellon. Made for the monthly tag game (for December) in the Spain/Portugal forum.
Very tasty and easy!
I can't say enough how gorgeous this dish was. Made a whole range of tapas, and out of them all this was by far the biggest success, the flavours are beautiful, not too savoury not too sweet just right, totally recommend this dish. I will be making it again.