Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another good tapas that can be prepared in advance of the party! You can also make this with a firm fleshed fish, such as halibut or tuna. Don't forget the Sangria!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Soak 12 8" wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers evenly & place in shallow baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients until well blended, pour over skewers & marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes but preferably a couple of hours.
- Remove skewers from marinade (discard leftovers) & place skewers on the rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 - 6 inches from the heat for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked, turning occasionally.
I give 3 starts for ease, this is a super easy to make tapas dish. Mine turned out to be bland... I agree it needs an extra 'zing." For the tapas party I threw this was the only thing left on the table at the end of the night. But if you are a mayo lover and need an easy quick dish, this is a great option!
Love this recipe! I had it at a wine party the other night and it was a hit! I would like to make this for dinner this evening, but I want to serve it w angel hair pasta. Any thoughts on what I should put in the pasta so that it is not just plain pasta? I was thinking I would make the pasta and then serve this on top of it. It will be served along side of a capresse salad and riesling wine...yum!!
I made the recipe as stated the only difference being that I put the red pepper on afterward so that it did not fall off when I was grilling it. I found it really moist and delicious. Thanks for posting, I will make this one again!