Recipe by mollypaul
Small patties would make an excellent appetizer. From the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 236.59 ml water, boiling
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 226.79 g salmon, drained
- 118.29 ml grated cheese (American, Cheddar or Monterrey Jack)
- 425.24 g enchilada sauce (or Gebhardt's Chili Gravy)
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- lard or other fat, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix corn meal, water and salt together.
- Cook until slightly thickened.
- Cool and add the egg and salmon; form into patties for frying.
- Fry in hot fat.
- When brown on both sides, sprinkle a tablespoon of grated cheese on each patty and serve with sauce and onion slices.