Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my Grandmother's favorite recipe and we all love it as well. Great for dinner partys and potlucks.
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 (1 lb) can kidney bean, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1 tablespoon green chili, chopped
- 2 large avocados, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, sliced (sm,can)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 8 whole pitted olives (to garnish)
- Combine lettuce,beans,tomatoes,chilies,and sliced olives.
- Combine avocado,sour cream,salad dressing,onions,and seasonings; mix well and chill.
- Just before serving, pour the avocado dressing over the salad and toss lightly.
- Top with shredded cheese and corn chips.
- Garnish with the whole pitted black olives.
We all like this recipe and this is very hard to find nowadays so thanks for posting. I had an old recipe that called for one avocado and only 1/4 tsp of salt. This was a little salty so I will use the old amount next time.