Recipe by Kris H
This is my Grandmother's favorite recipe and we all love it as well. Great for dinner partys and potlucks.
Top Review by Andolisa
We all like this recipe and this is very hard to find nowadays so thanks for posting. I had an old recipe that called for one avocado and only 1/4 tsp of salt. This was a little salty so I will use the old amount next time.
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 (1 lb) can kidney bean, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1 tablespoon green chili, chopped
- 2 large avocados, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, sliced (sm,can)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 8 whole pitted olives (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lettuce,beans,tomatoes,chilies,and sliced olives.
- Combine avocado,sour cream,salad dressing,onions,and seasonings; mix well and chill.
- Just before serving, pour the avocado dressing over the salad and toss lightly.
- Top with shredded cheese and corn chips.
- Garnish with the whole pitted black olives.