Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are not like Taco Bell. They are open face on a crispy corn tortilla. These are easier to eat if you do not put too much of each ingredient on each tortilla. Prep and cook times are approximate and includes poaching and shredding chicken.
- 2 whole chicken breasts, poached and shredded
- 2 (7 ounce) cans green chili salsa (I use Ortega)
- 12 corn tortillas, crisply fried
- 2 cups refried beans
- 2 cups prepared guacamole (I make my own)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 cups sour cream
- Simmer chicken meat in green chile salsa over gentle heat for 15 minutes.
- To assemble each chalupa, begin with a crisp tortilla and layer on refried beans, guacamole, shredded lettuce, grated cheese, chicken with salsa and sour cream.
- Serve 2 chalupas per person.