- 1 fresh pineapple, peel & core of, cut into small pieces
- 1 quart water, approx
- 4 cups sugar, approx
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the pineapple peel and core in a nonreactive saucepan and add enough water to cover them.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the liquid through a cloth and press the juice out of the peel and core.
- Measure the mixture, and for each cup (1/4 litre) use 1 cup of sugar.
- Heat the juice with the sugar over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cool the mixture.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Pour into clean bottles, cork and store.