Recipe by Engrossed
From: “The Africa Kitchen” by Josie Stow and Jan Baldwin.
Top Review by Sue Lau
Really refreshing! I made mine with just a little more coconut and nuts and used macadamias instead of cashews since I don't know where my cashews got off to. I also went a little lighter on the rum, and used half and half to top the fruit. Made for ZWT4 Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles. ~Sue
- 3 large pineapple
- 2⁄3 cup cashew nuts
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, slivers
- 1 cup cream
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2-3 ounces white rum (to taste, 1-2 shots)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the pineapples and cut the flesh into cubes.
- In a dry frying pan, toast separately the cashews and coconut until lightly browned, then set aside to cool.
- Mix together the cream, honey and rum to taste and pour this mixture over the pineapple cubes.
- Reserve some of the toasted cashews and coconut to use a garnish, then add the remainder to the pineapple.
- Mix well and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Before serving, garnish with the reserved cashews and coconut slivers.