From: “The Africa Kitchen” by Josie Stow and Jan Baldwin.
Make and share this Tanzanian Pineapple Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the pineapples and cut the flesh into cubes.
- In a dry frying pan, toast separately the cashews and coconut until lightly browned, then set aside to cool.
- Mix together the cream, honey and rum to taste and pour this mixture over the pineapple cubes.
- Reserve some of the toasted cashews and coconut to use a garnish, then add the remainder to the pineapple.
- Mix well and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Before serving, garnish with the reserved cashews and coconut slivers.