Tanya Pants's Note:
A pie stuffed with Mexican goodness! When I made this I got one piece and my boyfriend ate the rest... it's just as easy to make two pies and then you have some for lunch the next day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef or 1 (330 g) package vegetarian ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper (sliced)
- 1 1/4 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can refried beans (I use the one with chiles)
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1Fry the ground beef in a medium-sized skillet.
- 2Add the onion, green pepper and jalapeno once the ground beef is light gray.
- 3Shred the cheese and mix the two cheeses together.
- 4Make sure the beef is cooked thoroughly and then turn off the heat and stir in 1 cup enchilada sauce.
- 5Put one tortilla on the bottom of a non-stick 8" cake pan.
- 6Spread half of the refried beans evenly on the tortilla.
- 7Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese on top and then cover it with a tortilla.
- 8Spread the beef mixture on top and then cover it with a 1/4 of the cheese.
- 9Add another tortilla, cover it with the rest of the refried beans and 1/4 of the cheese.
- 10Add the last tortilla.
- 11Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce evenly on top.
- 12Add the rest of the cheese.
- 13Cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until your pie is hot and bubbly.
- 14Cut into quarters.
- 15Let diners add their own combination of sour cream, salsa, and guacamole on top.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tanya's Tortilla Pie
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.9
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 148.1 mg
- Sodium 1511.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 42.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: