Recipe by Tanya Pants
A pie stuffed with Mexican goodness! When I made this I got one piece and my boyfriend ate the rest... it's just as easy to make two pies and then you have some for lunch the next day!
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
3 for 3... we enjoyed this recipe. The only changes I made was increase the beef & cut back the cheese. Easy to put together & even easier to devourer, thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef or 1 (330 g) package vegetarian ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper (sliced)
- 1 1⁄4 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can refried beans (I use the one with chiles)
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the ground beef in a medium-sized skillet.
- Add the onion, green pepper and jalapeno once the ground beef is light gray.
- Shred the cheese and mix the two cheeses together.
- Make sure the beef is cooked thoroughly and then turn off the heat and stir in 1 cup enchilada sauce.
- Put one tortilla on the bottom of a non-stick 8" cake pan.
- Spread half of the refried beans evenly on the tortilla.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese on top and then cover it with a tortilla.
- Spread the beef mixture on top and then cover it with a 1/4 of the cheese.
- Add another tortilla, cover it with the rest of the refried beans and 1/4 of the cheese.
- Add the last tortilla.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce evenly on top.
- Add the rest of the cheese.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until your pie is hot and bubbly.
- Cut into quarters.
- Let diners add their own combination of sour cream, salsa, and guacamole on top.