Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
Went to an alphabet pot luck tonight where everyone signed up to bring a dish that started with a particular letter of the alphabet. Of all the dishes (and there were lots of yummy ones), this was my favorite. I decided to name it after my friend's sweet daughter that made it.
- 236.59 ml light Karo syrup
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml butter (NOT margarine)
- 0.25 ml imitation butter flavoring
- 0.25 ml baking soda
- 4258.62 ml mixed Golden Grahams cereal or 4258.62 ml Kix cereal or 4258.62 ml Chex cereal or 4258.62 ml Crispix cereal, and nuts
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Melt together Karo syrup, sugar and butter in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add butter flavoring and baking soda, mix.
- Pour over cereal mixture (use whatever quantities of cereal and nuts that you desire to make 18 cups).
- Spread on a large, flat cookie sheet and bake at 250°F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and spread Chex mixture on waxed paper, separating cereal pieces. Let cool completely.
I made this last night for a Christmas carry-in. It is so good. I could set and eat it for hours. I used Rice Chex, Corn Chex and toasted, salted almonds. Yum! I am adding it to my personal recipe book. Thanks for sharing.
Spectacular! I used rice and wheat Chex, Pops and about 2 cups of slightly pre-roasted almonds, it was perfect, But I will so add pretzel sticks next time for the bit of salty. I have to admit I added about 1tsp. of Imitation Maple and am planning on trying cinammon eventually. Thank you Sharlene, we love it.
10 stars if I could. Sooooo good! Thanks Tanya