Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm surprised this isn't already in the system... I originally clipped it from a Sunday Parade Magazine insert (the "People Magazine" type supplement to nationwide Sunday papers and it was called "All-American Burger". These are excellent burgers. Whenever I serve them to company, people rave and ask for the recipe. We don't eat burgers often, but these are fabulous and won't disappoint.
- 1 lb ground beef (I choose 80-93% lean, original recipe stated grade A sirloin)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Combine ingredients and mix well.
- Form into 4 quarter pound patties (or smaller for children).
- Cook on preheated grill or broil to desired done-ness (recommended to internal temp of 160 F).
- Top buns with desired condiments and toppings (we top with tomato slices, lettuce, red onion slices, pickles, and condiments).
Very tasty burgers! The soy sauce and worcestershire gave these a nice flavor. Grilled over charcoal and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012
What a surprise! Flavor burst in every direction when I took a bite of this. It was like fireworks going off on the 4th of July. LOL I added nothing on top of the burger but I did spread Baconnaise #407836 on the top and bottom bun. Will be making this a lot. Made for New Kid On The Block tag.