Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fast and yummy alfredo, Tanya's style. Not low fat, but I don't count calories when she invites me over for this wonderful dish. Serve with caesar or green salad.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 package cream cheese
- 2 cans mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- Saute chicken and onion, add garlic When chicken is done, add soup, milk and cream cheese, stirring often till cream cheese is melted.
- Adjust seasonings, add more milk till desired thickness.
- Pour over noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
This was very good, and the best part was how easy it was to make. I only used about 1/3 cup of diced onion and omitted one can of the mushroom soup. Then, I cooked about 1/2 package of angel hair pasta and mixed it in to the chicken alfredo mixture right before serving. Family loved it. Will make it again!
I added a little bit of celery and didnt' use as much onion...served over campiniri pasta (little spirals) really good...toddler loves it
Absolutely delicious. I also added mushrooms and used spaghetti noodles or whatever i had on hand and it is great no matter what.