3 hrs 30 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from a food cart located on Ameya Yokocho, an old market street in the neighborhood of Ueno, Tokyo, Japan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 12 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon japanese chile bean sauce (tobanjan)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup japanese sesame paste (neri goma)
- 1 tablespoon japanese sesame paste (neri goma)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 lb fresh ramen noodles or 1 lb frozen ramen noodles
- japanese hot chili oil (Rayu, garnish)
- 1/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced (garnish)
- 1Place wings in an 8 quart pan; cover with stock; bring to simmer over medium heat. Cook, skimming foam, until the stock is reduced to about 8 cups, 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Remove from heat, pour through fine strainer, discard solids; reserve stock.
- 2Heat oil, chopped scallions, ginger, and garlic in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- 3Add pork and tobanjan; cook until pork is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Add reserved stock, soy, sugar, sesame paste, and salt; boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes more; keep warm.
- 5Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles; cook, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes, drain, and divide between 4 deep serving bowls.
- 6Ladle broth over each bowl of noodles, and garnish with scallions and some rayu, if you like.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tantanmen (Tokyo Style Shoyu Sesame and Chile Ramen)
Serving Size: 1 (1030 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1198.5
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 149.8 mg
- Sodium 4829.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 61.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: