Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Courtesy of Homemade Dog Treat Recipes
Make and share this Tantalizing Treats for Pups recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup cheese, grated (your choice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon or 1 tablespoon chicken
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In large bowl pour hot water over oatmeal and margarine (cut-up melts faster); let stand 5 minutes. Stir in powdered milk, grated cheese, garlic powder, bouillon and egg. Add cornmeal and wheat germ. Mix well. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Knead 3-4 minutes, adding more flour if necessary to make very stiff dough. Pat or roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into bone shaped biscuits and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off heat and leave in oven an additional 1 1/2 hours or longer.