Recipe by litldarlin
I found this recipe in the Sunday Chicago Tribune and made it for dinner last night. I've been using my grill since the weather turned too warm to cook inside. They turned out wonderful, very simple to make. I Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Top Review by Marie
Basically, this is a good recipe. However, the flavor was a little bland. I would definitely salt and pepper the chicken before cooking even with the salt and pepper in the marinade. Not sure how to kick this up, but it does need some additional herbs or spices. Thanks.
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 18 even pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into pieces
- 2 green onions, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together olive oil, Realemon lemon juice, garlic, worcestershire sauce, thyme, brown sugar, salt & pepper.
- Reserve 1/4 cup and set aside.
- Onto each of the six skewers, alternately thread 3 chicken pieces, with 3 pepper pieces.
- Finish with one piece of green onion.
- Arrange in shallow glass bowl.
- Pour all but 1/4 cup marinade over kabobs.
- Cover and let stand 30-60 minutes.
- Place kabobs on greased grill over medium-high heat.
- Cook, turning occasionally for 8-10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Serve drizzled with reserved marinade.