Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
My favorite cookie as a kid. The cookie is similar to a pecan sandie, great for dunking.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooking oil (i.e. Canola)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat Oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a 4.
- 5 qt.
- mixer cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the cooking oil, egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- In a work bowl, combine the seven dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients in increments and mix well.
- Using a 1 ¼ inch cookie scoop **, drop the dough on 2 inch spacing on a parchment covered insulated cookie sheet.
- Flatten the dough slightly using the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Sprinkle a bit of sugar on top of each cookie and bake 9 to 12 minutes in a 350F oven.
- Depending on the oven, the cookies should bake 9 to 10 minutes on the top oven shelf and 10 to 12 minutes on the bottom shelf.
- The cookies should not brown.
- Baking time will be less for a black or uninsulated cookie sheet.
- Dough should be baked immediately after preparation.
- Note: You can substitute corn oil margarine such as Blue Bonnet for the butter for dietary reasons, or if the cookies will not be consumed within 30 days.
- Note: You can drop dough by the tablespoon if a scoop is not available.