Recipe by pritchettt
This "Caviar recipe is my take on "Texas Caviar". I have tweaked several recipes to make it my own and to meet the tastes of my family and friends. It is always the rave at parties and family gatherings. People always ask for the recipe so I thought I would share it with the world. It is different from any other. Make sure you do not add the avocado and tomato until just before serving as they tend to become mushy. Also, I serve this with "Scoops" because they are a heartier chip and they hold up to this heavy dip. This would also be good served over chicken.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (seasoned)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (finely chopped)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup scallion (finely chopped)
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain beans and corn. Mix well with wooden spoon. Do not mash. Add chopped black olives, onion and cilantro. Add hot sauce and salad dressing. You can use less dressing if you like. I usually use the entire 16 oz. bottle if I double the recipe. Cover and chill overnight so flavors can marry. Just before serving, add diced avocado and tomatoes. Serve with corn chips.