Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have had several variations of chicken casserole but this one beats the band! I just experimented until it was what my family liked. You will see how it differs and how rich and creamy it is by adding just a few more ingredients. Rice makes it go farther. Makes enough to feed 10 people with leftovers! You can add water chestnuts or slivered almonds to add crunch. Cooking time does not include time to boil boneless chicken breasts. Looks delish!!! No calories skimped on here.
- 5 -6 boneless chicken breasts or 1 whole chicken, roasted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 cups cooked rice (approx.)
- 2 (36 count) sleeves Ritz crackers, crumbled
- 1 cup margarine
- If using boneless breasts, boil just until cooked through. Do not overcook as chicken will be tough. If using whole roasted chicken, just shred meat.
- Mix two kinds of soup and sour cream with chicken. Add in rice.
- Spread mixture into 9x13 baking dish sprayed with Pam.
- Melt margarine and mix with cracker crumbs. Spread cracker mixture evenly onto chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Do not overcook. I serve with greenbeans, rolls and nice southern iced tea!
My family loved this! If you find it bland, you can spice it up a bit. Very easy & filling. Thanks for posting.
Good quick meal for the kids. Kinda bland for the adults