Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After realizing the amount of calories in one of those delightful drinks and how much of my paycheck I was handing over to Starbucks, I set out to create the perfect iced coffee drink. The secret is not what ingredients you use but how you use them.
- Make a strongly brewed pot of your favourite coffee (plain or flavoured.
- Let the coffee cool down, pour 1.5 cup into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- To make 2 servings:.
- Blend together 1 cup of skim milk, 4tsp sugar or sugar substitute and 1 tray of the coffee cubes until smooth.
- By using frozen coffee cubes instead of ice cubes you will get a much smoother consistency and stronger coffee taste.
- To jazz it up add a tablespoon or 2 of caramel, chocolate syrup or cream liqueur.
- Pour drink into glasses and top off with 3 tbs whipped cream on each.