Recipe by Loadedpbj
After realizing the amount of calories in one of those delightful drinks and how much of my paycheck I was handing over to Starbucks, I set out to create the perfect iced coffee drink. The secret is not what ingredients you use but how you use them.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Yum! I didn't follow the recipe exactly. We always have leftover coffee after DH brews the morning pot, so I did freeze some the other day and finally got around to making this. I didn't measure, just added some milk and sugar, plus a couple small hazelnut creamers. It was delicious! And I'll definitely be freezing more coffee ice cubes! Thanks for posting! So quick, easy and definitely much less expensive!
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a strongly brewed pot of your favourite coffee (plain or flavoured.
- Let the coffee cool down, pour 1.5 cup into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- To make 2 servings:.
- Blend together 1 cup of skim milk, 4tsp sugar or sugar substitute and 1 tray of the coffee cubes until smooth.
- By using frozen coffee cubes instead of ice cubes you will get a much smoother consistency and stronger coffee taste.
- To jazz it up add a tablespoon or 2 of caramel, chocolate syrup or cream liqueur.
- Pour drink into glasses and top off with 3 tbs whipped cream on each.