Recipe by Jean Kidd
This is from Lights Over Carolina, Anderson, SC Junior League. Very tasty! I am trying to add fiber to my diet and wanted to use salads to eat with my sandwiches at lunch instead of chips.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 2 cups cherries or 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- One day ahead of serving, separately blanch broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots in boiling water; plunge into ice water and drain well.
- Place vegetables in a bowl; pour salad dressing over vegetables and lightly toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, lightly stirring occasionally.
- Drain vegetables; add tomatoes, celery and artichokes.
- To prepare dressing, combvine mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice and dill; mix well.
- Pour over vegetables and toss well to coat.