Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Taken from a Healthy Meals in Minutes card
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 whole grain buns, lightly toasted
- 6 leaves green leaf lettuce
- scallion, brushes (to garnish, green onion)
- Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, green onion, soy sauce, ginger, mustard, and pepper. Mix well. Shape mixture into 6 patties.
- Place patties on rack in pre- pared pan. Broil 2 inches from the heat until patties are cooked through. about 5 minutes per side.
- Place the buns on serving plates; place lettuce on buns and top with burgers. Garnish with scallion brushes and serve.
- VARIATION : The typical burger condiments-ketchup, yellow mustard, relish, and pickles-are high in sodium. For a change of pace, try topping burgers with healthy alternatives such as tomato, red onion, cucumber, bean sprouts, red and green bell pepper, and a little homemade salsa. Also, make wise bread choices-English muffins and whole-wheat pita pockets are low-fat options.
Good recipe, I added worstershire sause though and it made them a bit too moist but the burgers had great taste. I like to top my turkey burgers with goat cheese and the flavors blended quite well.