i came up with this recipe as a healthy snack that is very tasty and portable. the patties freeze well and reheat quickly in the microwave, so i often make extra batches to freeze. you can eat them in a sandwich, or just as is, with your fingers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients EXCEPT OATMEAL in a large bowl, and mix well.
- 2Mix in 1/4 cup oatmeal at a time, until mixture is a good texture to form into patties.
- 3It should still be moist, but not drippy.
- 4If you are not in a hurry, put the bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to make the mixture easier to form into patties.
- 5Otherwise, go directly to next step.
- 6Cover broiler pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- 7Form mixture into a ball with your hands, and then flatten into a pattie and put on broiler pan.
- 8You can make whatever size you prefer, but make sure they are not very thick, or else the outside will burn before the inside is cooked.
- 9I usually end up with 9 patties per batch.
- 10Put pan in broiler and broil for about 8 minutes, or until top starts to brown.
- 11Take out the pan, flip the patties, and cook another 6 minutes or so, until other side browns.
- 12Remove from broiler and eat!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for tangy tuna patties
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.0
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 112.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.8 g