Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
i came up with this recipe as a healthy snack that is very tasty and portable. the patties freeze well and reheat quickly in the microwave, so i often make extra batches to freeze. you can eat them in a sandwich, or just as is, with your fingers!
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT OATMEAL in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Mix in 1/4 cup oatmeal at a time, until mixture is a good texture to form into patties.
- It should still be moist, but not drippy.
- If you are not in a hurry, put the bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to make the mixture easier to form into patties.
- Otherwise, go directly to next step.
- Cover broiler pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Form mixture into a ball with your hands, and then flatten into a pattie and put on broiler pan.
- You can make whatever size you prefer, but make sure they are not very thick, or else the outside will burn before the inside is cooked.
- I usually end up with 9 patties per batch.
- Put pan in broiler and broil for about 8 minutes, or until top starts to brown.
- Take out the pan, flip the patties, and cook another 6 minutes or so, until other side browns.
- Remove from broiler and eat!