Happy Hippie's Note:
Another recipe I found in an old recipe card file that I'm placing on Zaar for safekeeping. I remember making this for our family when I was in high school and everybody loved it. By the way, me and high school are ancient history, LOL!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 15 ounces tomatoes
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 2 1/4 ounces olives, sliced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 8 corn tortillas, halved
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Brown ground meat and onions together.
- 2Drain grease.
- 3Add tomatoes, enchilada sauce, olives, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg. Mix well.
- 5In a 9" x 13" baking pan, add 1/3 of meat mixture.
- 6Add 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture over meat layer.
- 7Spread 1/2 of the jack cheese over the cottage cheese layer.
- 8Place 1/2 of the tortilla halves over the jack cheese.
- 9Spread another 1/3 of the meat mixture over the jack cheese.
- 10Spread the remaining cottage cheese mixture over the jack cheese layer.
- 11Place remaining tortilla halves over jack cheese layer.
- 12Pour remaining meat mixture over tortilla halves.
- 13Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of casserole.
- 14Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Tortilla Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.0
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 167.2 mg
- Sodium 1470.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 41.5 g