Recipe by Bev. E.
A dear friend shared this recipe with me. It is wonderful to have a fresh tomato from your garden.
Top Review by Darlene10
This was wonderful. Decided at the last minute to make it so it really did not marinate long enough but it was still great. There was some left over so back into the fridge it went. I have some tomatoes that I picked before the frost and they are now ripening and quickly. What a wonderful way to use them.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 6 large tomatoes, thinly sliced