Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I was a little girl my mom made this salad dressing. We like vinegar - so we usually add more than an 1/4 cup. When I make this recipe - I prefer to use the California Garlic Salt.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup, plus
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, whisking often, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Cover the dressing until cool, then refrigerate it until well chilled.
Made this dressing as directed, quick & easy and so "full of flavor". This recipe will replace the store bought dressing I currently use given the fact these dressings taste about the same and I can now pronounce the ingredients.