Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From BHG. Per serving: 236 calories, 13 g fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 3 g carb, 0 g fiber, 24 g protein.
- 1 lb salmon fillet, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick (may also use sole, flounder, cod, or orange roughy)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk ranch salad dressing (original-style)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Rinse fish; pat dry.
- In a 10-inch skillet, add broth, onion, pepper, and thyme; bring to a boil.
- Place fish in skillet, tucking under any thin edges so fish cooks evenly.
- Return to simmering.
- Cover and simmer until fish flakes easily when tested w/ a fork.
- Remove fish to a platter and keep warm.
- Bring liquid in skillet to a boil; boil, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix together the water and cornstarch; stir into liquid in skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 more minutes.
- Stir in salad dressing and parsley.
- Serve sauce over fish.