1/1 Photo of Tangy Thai Pork With Noodles
The Wallaces's Note:
I love the versatility of this recipe! Often, we will use 1/2 the amount of meat listed and increase the vegetables. Vegetables listed below are what we like to use, but substitutions can easily be made. The original recipe called for onion and cabbage, but I prefer the mix below. The marinade may also be doubled with half reserved to use as sauce for the vegetables. The pork may be marinated up to overnight but only needs 15 minutes, it will have more flavor the longer it is marinated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti or 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided use
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- bamboo shoot (optional)
- water chestnut (optional)
- 1Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, cornstarch, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
- 2Add pork, marinate while preparing pasta and vegetables or up to overnight.
- 3Cook spaghetti or rice noodles according to package directions, drain.
- 4Heat 1 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Saute garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Add vegetables and saute until crisp-tender (about 5 minutes).
- 6Remove vegetables from skillet and keep warm.
- 7Add remaining oil and pork mixture to skillet. Cook until pork is nicely browned.
- 8Return vegetables to skillet, heat through and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Thai Pork With Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.6
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 739.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 39.5 g