Recipe by little_wing
Everybody loves meatballs. Feel free to sub with your favorite meatball recipe or even frozen if desired.
Top Review by cylee
I've been making this recipe for years, and this is the ONLY recipe I will use for party meatballs! I an annual "holiday party" each year, and this is always one of the first items to disappear from the table. The meatball recipe here is best, but I've had to revert to frozen balls because of the quantity I have to make. If you can, follow this recipe exactly for best results. Glad you posted, LW!
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs hot Italian sausage, removed from casings and and crumbled
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup hot pepper jelly
- 1⁄2 cup thick and smoky barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beaten eggs, onions, garlic, chili powder and salt.
- Add sausage, beef and bread crumbs. Use hands to mix well.
- Shape the meat mixture into 1" balls and place on baking sheet.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet.
- Working in batches, brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Remove to papertowels to drain.
- Combine marmalade, jelly, barbeque sauce, tequila, and lime juice in crock pot.
- Add meatballs and stir to coat.
- Cook, stirring often until jellies have melted and meatballs are cooked through. About 1 hour on high or 3 hours on low.