Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a great dip for parties, get-togethers of all kinds or just for the family on movie night. I found this on the net. It's great with crackers, veggies, warm sourdough bread, or even bread sticks. Seems like when there's dip, you'll find something to dip into it!
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb uncooked large shrimp, unpeeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add shrimp and cook until just pink and opaque in the center, about 3 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, and rinse under cool water.
- Peel and devein shrimp, and transfer to a food processor. Add greern onions, shallot, and tarragon; using pulse, process shrimp until finely chopped.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to a medium bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce, if using.
- Add salt and pepper,to taste.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Can be made a day ahead of time.