Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a great BBQ Beef recipe that makes the most awesome sandwiches. These are a wonderful alternative to plain burgers and much more zingy! Never have any left-overs with these :)
Top Review by B.A.B
This is such a DELICIOUS recipe!!! I made a double batch to feed all of our relatives and cooked it in a crockpot on low heat for 8 hours. It was so tender and so flavorful. Didn't change the recipe one bit, and I didn't need to! It is already perfect as is. I can't wait to make it again.
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in dutch oven or other large pot and cook at low heat allowing to simmer slowly for about 4 hours, turning meat and stirring occasionally (If making in crock pot, cook on high for 5 to 6 hours).
- Remove meat and shred with fork, discarding fat.
- Put the meat back into the liquid and simmer for about 30 more minutes.
- (If using crock pot just turn to low until ready to serve) Serve on your favorite buns or rolls.