Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a great BBQ Beef recipe that makes the most awesome sandwiches. These are a wonderful alternative to plain burgers and much more zingy! Never have any left-overs with these :)
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in dutch oven or other large pot and cook at low heat allowing to simmer slowly for about 4 hours, turning meat and stirring occasionally (If making in crock pot, cook on high for 5 to 6 hours).
- Remove meat and shred with fork, discarding fat.
- Put the meat back into the liquid and simmer for about 30 more minutes.
- (If using crock pot just turn to low until ready to serve) Serve on your favorite buns or rolls.
This is such a DELICIOUS recipe!!! I made a double batch to feed all of our relatives and cooked it in a crockpot on low heat for 8 hours. It was so tender and so flavorful. Didn't change the recipe one bit, and I didn't need to! It is already perfect as is. I can't wait to make it again.
Fast, easy, tasty. I put all ingred. in the crockpot at 7Am on low, and after work at 5pm I shredded with fork and we pigged out by 5:15pm. It was delicious, made plenty and so fast and easy!
This is delicious! I made this over the weekend for my grandaughters and nephew who were visiting (two 15 yr. olds and one 9 yr. old) and they loved it! So did I! It was sweet and tangy and the beef was moist and tender. I used a 3 1/2 pound chuck roast, but next time I will use a 4 to 4 1/2 pounder, since there is plenty of sauce. I did this in a crockpot on high for 6 hours, shredded, then returned to the pot for 30 minutes on low. I followed the recipe to the letter and served on hamburger buns. This one is a keeper! Thanks for the recipe.