1/1 Photo of Tangy-Sweet Greek Yogurt Ice Cream
4 hrs 40 mins
Raquel Grinnell's Note:
From epicurious.com. To be made with an ice-cream machine. I've made this with the zest of a lemon to the egg yolks while whisking, and served with a drizzle of honey - outstanding! Cooking time is freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14Combine 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 cup whole milk, and 1/2 cup sugar in heavy medium saucepan. Bring mixture to simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 2Whisk 3 large egg yolks and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in large heatproof bowl until blended. Gradually add hot cream mixture to yolk mixture and whisk until blended. Return mixture to saucepan and stir over medium-low heat until custard thickens slightly and coats back of spoon when finger is drawn across and instant-read thermometer inserted into mixture registers 170°F, about 3 minutes (do not boil).
- 3Pour custard through strainer set over medium bowl. Place bowl with custard in larger bowl filled halfway with ice and water. Whisk occasionally until custard is almost cool to touch, about 5 minutes. Remove bowl with custard from ice water. Whisk yogurt and pinch of salt into custard. Refrigerate custard until well chilled.
- 4Transfer custard to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer yogurt ice cream to freezer container. Cover and freeze until ice cream is firm. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Keep frozen.
Browse Our Top Ice Cream Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ice Cream Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy-Sweet Greek Yogurt Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.6
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 225.9 mg
- Sodium 94.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: