Recipe by kimbearly
I am drawn towards simple recipes that show the flavor of the main ingredient---in this case asparagus.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, washed and snapped of woody ends
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (I use Chelton house brand, sweeter than Paul Newman's!)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed garlic-flavored croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean asparagus under running water.
- Snap off woody ends.
- Steam in a skillet with 1/2 inch of water, covered, till tender/crisp, approx 5 minutes.
- Drain and put back in pan.
- Season with butter, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and crushed croutons.