Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was from Gooseberry Patch's 101 Hearty Recipes. It was submitted by Myra Tunanidis. It appeals to me because it is mayonnaise free; making it great for summer cookouts.
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 16 ounces red wine vinegar and oil salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- salt and pepper
- Toss together vegetables in a large serving bowl; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Toss before serving.