Recipe by Food Juice
These little suckers are delicious and really easy to make. I like making these for holiday meals and dinner parties. The recipe is my own that I made up in my mothers kitchen 6 years ago. If you want to spend a little more money and like seafood, purchase a can of lump crab meat and add to the cheese mixture. Delicious!
- 1 -2 lb of fresh button style mixed mushrooms, rinsed and stems removed
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese (low fat fine)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (more or less per preference)
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 stalks green onions, finely diced
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for brushing on mushroom cap
- 1 -2 teaspoon of onion powder for dusting on mushroom cap (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- gently wash mushrooms in cold water, remove stems and discard. dry mushrooms in strainer or upside down on paper towels. preheat oven to 350. in a microwave safe container combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan, minced garlic, green onion (conserving enough to top on mushrooms), and lemon juice. microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, remove from microwave and stir well then cover, set aside. on a baking sheet or foil, place mushroom caps upside down (hole facing surface) brush the outside of caps gently with olive oil and lightly dust with salt and onion powder. turn mushrooms over so hole is facing up. with a spoon and cheese mixture, spoon in enough that the cap is fully stuffed. when all have been stuffed, sprinkle the 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese and remaining green onion evenly over top of cheese mixture. place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. remove from oven and let cool for 3-4 minutes, serve immediately.