Recipe by Mexi-Rosie
Another everyday Mexican food dish. On the tangy side because of orange juice and vinegar. Cooking time (45 minutes) if cooked in pressure cooker, more if by another method.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 4 cups water (1 liter)
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups stew meat stock
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, peeled and deviened,in strips
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, of your choice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the meat by your method of choice (pressure cooker,braising on stove top or crockpot) with 4 cups water,1/4 of the onion (chop the rest and reserve for next steps), 2 whole peeled garlic cloves and salt.
- Cook until meat is tender.
- Take the meat out of cooking pot and sieve the stock, reserving 2 cups.
- Cook the rest of the ingredients, except cornstarch, over medium heat until it boils.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 water, add to previous ingredients and stir until it mixes in.
- Add the meat, season with salt and pepper, cover the pot, and simmer for 10 more minutes.