Another everyday Mexican food dish. On the tangy side because of orange juice and vinegar. Cooking time (45 minutes) if cooked in pressure cooker, more if by another method.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the meat by your method of choice (pressure cooker,braising on stove top or crockpot) with 4 cups water,1/4 of the onion (chop the rest and reserve for next steps), 2 whole peeled garlic cloves and salt.
- 2Cook until meat is tender.
- 3Take the meat out of cooking pot and sieve the stock, reserving 2 cups.
- 4Cook the rest of the ingredients, except cornstarch, over medium heat until it boils.
- 5Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 water, add to previous ingredients and stir until it mixes in.
- 6Add the meat, season with salt and pepper, cover the pot, and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Stew Meat Dish
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.6
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 140.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 43.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: